7/15/08

surprise



may i introduce: "mr. big". miya graciously gave permission to use her favorite teddy as a model. mr. big was very flattered by my request. so nothing stood in our way for a little photo session.
elizabeth zimmermann's "surprise jacket" was by no surprise a fun knit. i just love this woman. her patterns are never boring and always practical. which i can not really say about my choice of yarn. cashmere is not the most practical yarn. but what the heck, there is a great spoil factor to it. and that was exactly my intention for my soon to be born nephew.




patten: surprise jacket by elizabeth zimmermann
yarn: colourmart cashmere
needle: us 5

saw this jacket at wildfiber. used the same yarn but different buttons and crochet the sleeves together.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous, I have to try this pattern one day, I love your choice of yarn, perfect for a modern boy.

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to see this in person, and Ulli, you did such a beautiful job on the little sweater and the finishing. I loved it!!!

~Joan