8/14/08

cabbage


pattern: spiral eyelet socks by sandi rosner
yarn: sea merino by mama blue knitting goods in cabbage
needles: us1

these socks are knit out of ONE skein! i wanted to see how far i could get and changed the pattern to toe up knitted socks. i also cast on 56sts. instead of 64sts. and knit a short row heel. basically changed everything besides the stitch pattern.
it was pure happiness when i found out i had enough yarn for knee socks.





this is #4 in my mama blue sock project and i am officially done with it.(it was fun!) i can not say enough good things about this beautiful yarn. the colors are just gorgeous. perfect for stitch pattern.

6 comments:

Tora said...

Congratulations with finishing your project, the picture of all four is beautiful. Guess you're ready for the cold season (is there one in LA?).

I envy all you sock knitters. I love wearing wool socks in winter, and I'd really like to wear handmade ones. Making them just don't appeal that much to me..

Anonymous said...

Those are so beautiful. Green is my favorite color. I love the photo of all the socks together. I hope you put them in our group SolidSocks over at ravelry. I might have to try that Mama Blue.

Lolly said...

Oh, these are so pretty! Beautiful work and such a great project. I haven't used that yarn, but I have heard very nice things about it. The colors are so pretty ;)

Lise said...

Great project! #4 is very pretty, just as the rest the socks.

Anonymous said...

They're all lovely but I think I like the knee-highs best! :)

BumbleVee said...

beautiful socks....love the colours....