8/24/08

monterey

pattern: own design
yarn:trekking xxl
needles: us 0

last week i went to monterey for work. hearing what a beautiful place it is, i took my family along and extended the stay for a couple days. we took the car ,which meant a 5 1/2 hour drive. plenty of time for knitting. i decided on making a simple toe up sock, with a small braid on the sides, so i would not get bored. the yarn came from my stash.





monterey aquarium, california. what a amazing place. jellyfish! i was completely taken by these graceful creatures. just breathtaking.
sadly i had not enough time to see everything i wanted to, but i will for sure go back.

2 comments:

Lise said...

The socks look delicious and soft. I have yet to knit toe up, but think I'll try it soon.

Anya said...

Your socks made me think of frosty winter days. They must be SO warm and comfy!