1/31/09

blanket cardigan






it is finally done. i had it knit up over a year ago. and then i made the big mistake of not sewing it up immediately. bad idea. it sat in a basket, calling to me, making me feel guilty, and as a result even more reluctant to get it done.
but than a couple of days ago i had the afternoon off. no work, no child, no husband. i started listening to brenda dane's podcast: cast on. and before you know it, i was on the floor, all pieces laid out around me and going for it.
and i could not be happier with it. the fit is great and the cashmere makes it so soft and light. a perfect snuggle-up cardigan.

10 comments:

Carlene said...

Beautiful! I love that pattern. And congratulations on the finishing. I have a few in the marination chamber as well.

Unknown said...

Oh it's gorgeous, I've always liked that pattern, cashmere must make it heavenly. Fabulous colour.

Lise said...

It's beautiful. It must be wonderful to have it done.

Anonymous said...

well done!
it looks terrific.
i have this pattern in my queue, too. i just love your grey and i hadn't thought of cashmere... mmmm.

Michelle said...

oh, it's so beautiful.

:: said...

I have cardigan envy - looks beautiful!

Journeying Five said...

love it..you did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Glad you gathered up the energy to finish up such a lovely, soft and gray(my favourite colour at the moment)sweater. enjoy it!
p.s. thanks for the visit on my blog!!

Anonymous said...

This has been on my "to do" list for years! I adore your version.

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

I love your version! Having also made the cardigan, I'm at the sewing up point, too, and just can't seem to finish it.